OK, I know the name seems pretty simple, but that’s what these are: simple and yummy and a great way to eat some of that great zucchini that might still be in your garden – especially the big ones!
- 8 oz. cream cheese*
- 2 TBL sour cream or yogurt
- 1 c. shredded Manchego**
- ½ c. artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ c. spinach (measure after cooking, draining and chopping)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- zucchini slices to cover a cookie sheet (cut ½” thick)
- We like using the big zucchini – gives you a nice serving size. Small zucchini will be more of a bit sized appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix cream cheese through salt/ pepper until smooth.
- Spread a spoonful on each zucchini round (amount varies based on size of zucchini you sliced).
- Bake about 15 minutes. Put under broiler for 1-3 minutes to lightly brown.
* Could substitute 8 oz. soft goat cheese
** Could use a blend of 2/3 c. Manchego and 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese (if tolerated)