No gluten, no sugar, low carb and super delicious!
Forest’s only ‘complaint’ was that he only wanted one! And that, I reminded him, was the goal; to have a great muffin that didn’t set off cravings!! And, yes he did like them!
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1 c. coconut flour
- 1 – 1 ¼ c. Swerve or your preferred dry sweetener (I like it less sweet)
- 2 TBL cinnamon
- 2 TBL baking powder
- ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. flavoring (can be vanilla, but maple is also great!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin, butter and flavoring together and the stir into the flour mixture.
- Line 20 muffin tins with muffin wrappers. Using a large ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Topping is optional but adds a nice crunch! I just dump, taste and top the muffins!
- ½ c. pecans (or other nut), finely ground but not into a butter
- 1-3 TBL sweetener (based on desired sweetener)
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon (based on taste)
- ½ c. butter melted in a separate bowl
- Mix ground pecans, sweetener, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Dip top of muffin in melted butter.Then dip into the nut mixture.