Sleep Deprivation Test:
If you answer ‘yes’ to 2 or more of these symptoms, you are probably dealing with some level of sleep deprivation.
- Drowsy during the day
- Instantly falling asleep when your head hits the pillow (healthy normal is 5-15 minutes)
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
- Difficulty concentrating and staying alert during the day
- Sleepy after meals (this can also be poor digestion of carbs)
- Require several cups of coffee to get going in the morning
It is estimated that over 40 million Americans suffer from some type of sleep disorder. Working moms are among the most sleep deprived.
Top 5 Strategies to address Sleep Deprivation
- Do the R&R pose – click here for a full description. Fifteen minutes of this simple pose helps provide fours hours of rest benefits. Can be done during the day or before retiring at night.
- Don’t watch TV or pay bills in the bedroom!
- Don’t eat sugar after 3:00.
- Voice alcohol and caffeine at bedtime and during the evening.
- Eat a light meal in the evening and/or a protein shake (without fruit).
A good night’s rest is amazing at restoring the body and reversing the aging process. Night All!