Easy brownie bites (kind of like a cupcake) that are easy to make. They are high fat, low carb, have no grains and no dairy if you use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- 1 c. macadamia nuts (if salted, omit salt in the recipe)
- ¼ tsp. salt, optional
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ c. chocolate chips (Lily’s brand has the least sugar, Enjoy Life has no dairy)
- ½ c. grass-fed butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBL low carb sweetener (I prefer erythritol or Monk Fruit)
- 1 tsp. vanilla1
- ¼ tsp. coffee extract, optional (highlights chocolate flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts, salt (if using) and baking soda in a food processor. Pulse until the texture of sand.
- Add chocolate chips, butter and pulse until smooth.
- Add eggs, sweetener and flavoring(s) and pulse until smooth
- Line a muffin pan with 10-12 muffin wrappers. Fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. They firm up more when they cool
I usually double the recipe and keep them in the freezer. They are great plain or with a frosting