Yummy, easy and works for Keto and Paleo or just because you LOVE CHOCOLATE!
- 12 oz. chocolate chips (Enjoy or Lily’s)
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 eggs
- ½ c. sweetener (erythritol or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate (I prefer in a glass bowl of gently steaming water or you can use a microwave).
- Add butter pieces and stir until melted.
- Blend eggs on low until well blended. Slowly add sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Beat until light and airy.
- Gently fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Spray or oil a 6” springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper, also sprayed or oiled.
- Put 1 cup water in instant pot. Add trivet. Add foil strips on 4 sides of the instant pot for easy removal of the springform pan. Place springform pan on the trivet.
- Cover – I use a silicone top, but you could cover with wax paper and foil to keep condensation out.
- Set for manual, (high pressure) for 35 minutes. Follow with a quick release. Let cool completely and then keep in the fridge.
- Can be topped with ganache (Heat ½ c. cream and pour over ¼ c. of chocolate chips – – stir until melted), if desired. Garnish accordingly
This cake is delicious and freezes well. Since it is a dense cake, a small piece is just right. I cut very small pieces, so it can usually serve 12-15.