Signs of poor digestion can include:
- heartburn, acid reflux, burping, or belching
- diarrhea or constipation
- bloating or gas
- weight gain
- joint pain or inflammation
Does that sound like most of America? All food is a protein, fat, carbohydrate or DEAD stuff. The DEAD stuff (white flour, white sugar, food dyes, chemicals – – found in boxes like miniature coffins) should simply be eliminated. Your body can’t digest them and they just rot, ferment and smell . . . well you get the picture.
When a person is not digesting protein, it is common to experience constipation, cold hands/feet, bleeding gums and fluid retention. Poor digestion of carbohydrates can reflect in dry mouth/ nose/ eyes, weak muscles, inability to concentrate or swallow, and inability to handle stress. Poor digestion of fats can show in dry skin, hair loss, hormone imbalances, elevated cholesterol, infertility and light-headedness.
Here are some simple strategies that can help you address your digestive challenge:
- Check for adequate amounts of hydrocholoric acid (HCL) in the stomach. Mix 1 TBL of cider vinegar with 2 TBL of water and drink 20 minutes after a meal. If you feel better, this is an indicator that you have too little HCL and this little ‘cocktail’ will become your best friend. If you feel worse (less common reaction), than you need a digestive enzyme.
- Drink less during meals. Drinking large amounts of fluid during a meal dilutes the saliva and digestive juices and can slow down digestion.
- Chew! Chewing your flood slowly helps mix saliva with the food and enhance digestion.
- Digestive Enzymes to the rescue! More results came to our clients with digestive enzymes than any one other support we use. When you have the right one, the difference is usually within one meal or a few days!
Enhancing digestion is our specialty – we can do a complete digestive assessment and personalized game plan just for you. Just call our LFH Office at 719-488-5688 or visit our website at http://www.lifestyleforhealth.com/enzymes.