Hand Lotion Bars
Easy to make – – just use separate tools (bowls, pans, and all utensils) to work with beeswax – you don’t want to clean it out of your regular utensils!
Basically you use equal amounts of cacao butter and beeswax and half that amount with olive or avocado oil.
- 8 oz. beeswax
- 8 oz. cacao butter
- ½ c. avocado or olive oil
- 30 drops essential oils (i.e. peppermint, cypress, citrus, etc.)
- Silicon molds or mini muffin tin
- I don’t like to grate the wax or butter as it makes a mess in my food processor and tends to dull the blades (and is very hard to clean)
- Simply use a cheap glass bowl (used only for beeswax – look for one at Goodwill). Set it on top of a pan with water (don’t have water touching the bowl).
- Place cacao butter and beeswax into bowl and bring the water to a gentle simmer. Let the wax and butter melt.
- When melted, add the olive oil and essential oil.
- I use a separate (only for beeswax) plastic pitcher (or large paper cup) to hold the melted product for easier pouring. Pour into molds, just don’t overfill. Let set until hardened. Can be placed in the fridge.
- Pop out of molds. Wrap beautifully.
These are wonderful for dry skin, especially in the winter.