We have made these for years. The flavor will vary based on the protein powder you use. Experiment until you find one that you like. If you love ginger, these are the cookies for you!
- 1 ¼ c. spelt or gluten-free flour
- 1 ¼ c. vanilla protein powder (must have a sweetener in it for this recipe)
- 2 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. avocado oil
- ½ c. maple syrup
- ¼ c. blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix all liquid ingredient and combine with the dry. Mix well (I do this by hand.)
- Form into 2 dough balls, wrap and freeze. Each ball will make 12 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut dough ball into 12 pieces. Form each into a ball and place on cookie sheet (I use a silpat mat or parchment paper). No need to flatten.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.
These cookies freeze beautifully.