When our liver is healthy, we simply feel good – – it is our ‘feel good’ organ. Greens (drinks, veggies, etc.) are one of the BEST ways to nourish, cleanse and support the liver and most people don’t get anywhere near enough greens.
The benefits of ‘greens’ in your diet include:
- Purify and cleanse organs (especially the liver)
- Help alkalinize the body (disease occurs in an acidic body)
- Supply vitalizing, concentrated, plant – based nutrients (Vitamins, Minerals, Phyto-Nutrients, Fiber)
- Support digestion
- Assist in weight loss
With a benefit list like that, clearly we could all benefit from more GREENS! Check out the delicious recipe using the Chocolate Silks Greens at the end of this article!
Barlean’s has three forms of Greens that you can add to water.
1. Barlean’s Greens is the most concentrated of the Greens (thus a stronger flavor). If you really don’t like Greens, you can take them by capsule
2. Chocolate Silk Greens has zero sugar (sweetened with stevia leaf extract) and is the perfect replacement for sugar-laden chocolate milk and hot chocolate. It is delicious hot or cold. It is dairy and soy free.
3. Superfruit Strawberry-Kiwi Greens contains more than 60 super foods and supplements in a delicious all-natural Strawberry-Kiwi flavor. It is a perfect replacement for sugar-lade juices and sodas. It is dairy and soy free.
Great Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Shake
1 TBL baking cocoa (optional)
1/3 cup nut butter
½ c. Greek Yogurt (unsweetened)
2 scoops Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens
2 scoops of your favorite protein shake
1 cup liquid (water or almond milk or coconut milk)
BLEND – – – delicious and power packed