Tasty, easy and gluten-free!
- 1 ¼ c. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ c. full fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp chia seeds
- 4 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 c. Fiber Yum or maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 4 TBL grass-fed butter (melted) or coconut oil
- 2/3 c. chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut balsamic vinegar, optional (boosts the flavor)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend strawberries coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla and chia seeds in blender until blended.
- Mix coconut with melted butter and strawberry mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make macaroons by packing into the scoop. Place on silpat lined cookie sheet (or use parchment paper). Do not oil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- You can drizzle chocolate ganache on top or eat plain. Both are yummy!
- Let cool completely before eating.
- Makes about 30 Macaroons.
I talk about sweeteners in Chocolate & Everything Else Cookbook. Fiber Yum has no sugar content, is not an artificial sweetener. It is less sweet than maple syrup.